• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - National Register of Historic Places

Saunders Hall | Photo © 2022 www.abandonedalabama.com

Saunders Hall

Rev. Turner Saunders On January 3, 1782, Turner Saunders was born in Brunswick County, Virginia, the son of Revolutionary War veteran Thomas Saunders Sr. and Anne Turner. He was well educated in...

brame house 1980

Brame House

Property dates back to 1862 The Brame House, also known as the Brame-Cody-Neal House, was a historic Classical Revival-style house in Montgomery located at 402 South Hull Street. Its...

Wadley Railroad Depot | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wadley Railroad Depot

Wadley’s Founding People began settling in the area now known as Wadley as far back as the 1830s after the creation of Randolph County on December 18, 1832, from lands acquired from the Creek...

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedfl.com

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church, 1985. Robert Gambles Adams Grove Presbyterian Church is a historic Greek Revival-style church building in rural Dallas County, Alabama...

Pepperell Mill | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pepperell Mill

Located in Opelika, the Pepperell Mill was a historic textile mill owned and operated by the Pepperell Manufacturing Company. The Pepperell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1844 by textile...

Sayre Street School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sayre Street School

Franklin Academy The Sayre Street School is the oldest surviving public school building in Montgomery. Its history dates back to 1860 when a private boys’ school, the Franklin Academy, was...

Winter Place | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Winter Place

Joseph S. Winter’s first house, 1851 John Gano Winter was born in 1799 in New York City and settled in Augusta, Georgia years later. He married Lucinda Bennett and in 1821, gave birth to their...

Powell School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Powell School

Powell School, 1908 Originally known as the Free School, the Powell School was Birmingham’s first public school as well as the city’s oldest surviving school. The school was named after...

Slossfield Community Center | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Slossfield Community Center

Dr. Thomas Boulware, ‘The Old Stork’ The Slossfield Community Center is a complex built in the 1930s by the American Pipe Company as an extension of its health program for workers and...

Grove Court Apartments | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Grove Court Apartments

Pre-1947 Three houses occupied the lot prior to the Grove Court Apartments owned by some of the most prominent citizens of Montgomery. In early-1947, the site was chosen for the Grove Court...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer