• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Northern Alabama

Colored Masonic Temple | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Colored Masonic Temple

Colored Masonry in Alabama Colored Masonry in Alabama came into existence approximately 1867, two years after the end of the American Civil War. By 1869, there were between eight and ten properly and...

Saunders Hall | Photo © 2022 www.abandonedalabama.com

Saunders Hall

Rev. Turner Saunders On January 3, 1782, Turner Saunders was born in Brunswick County, Virginia, the son of Revolutionary War veteran Thomas Saunders Sr. and Anne Turner. He was well educated in...

rocky hill castle

Rocky Hill Castle

Saunders Ancestry Dr. Edward Saunders was known as a “chirurgeon”, an archaic term for a surgeon. He was already seated in Northumberland County, Virginia, in 1658. In 1669, as one of the...

32nd Street baptist Church

32nd Street Baptist Church

Dr. Ellis M. Morton The 32nd Street Baptist Church was a Baptist church located at 518 32nd Street South In Birmingham, Alabama from 1910 to 1995. The church served a predominantly...

Norris Underwood House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Norris Underwood Residence

Norris Underwood Norris Eugene Underwood was born on May 13, 1926. According to his obituary, he served in World War II in the United States Navy alongside his twin brother Horace George Underwood...

DSC 0585 2

Fountain Heights Methodist Church

Reverend Francis Woodward Brandon The Fountain Heights Methodist Church was located in Birmingham, Alabama, and organized by Reverend Frank W. Brandon. Francis “Frank” Woodward Brandon...

Mount Ida Plantation | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Mount Ida Plantation

Major Walker E. Reynolds Mount Ida, also known as the Walker Reynolds House, was an antebellum mansion built by wealthy planter and promoter of Talladega and Talladega County, Major Walker E...

Quinlan Castle | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabamacom

Quinlan Castle

Quinlan Construction Company The Quinlan Construction Company was incorporated in April 1926 with Dr. Henry Pierce Hanna, a well-known Birmingham physician who practiced there for 60 years; John...

Banks High School | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Banks High School

Aerial view of Banks High School, 1960s Plans for what was to become Banks High School were approved in 1955, although to the disapproval of some members of the community. The Old College...

The Vintage Station | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Vintage Station

Southern Railway Depot was built in 1916 and is located a block away from the Bessemer Freight Depot. Bessemer Hall of History Located in Bessemer, the Vintage Station was built in 1917 originally as...

Finley Roundhouse | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Finley Roundhouse

Interior of the roundhouse at Finley Yard, c. 1915. The Railway and Engineering Review The Finley Roundhouse was built in 1915 by the Southern Railway Company at its Finley Memorial Yard located in...

Alabama Gas Corporation Building

Alabama Gas Corporation Building

Inside the adjoining former Bank for Savings & Trusts building The Alabama Gas Corporation (Alagasco) Building is a five-story commercial building constructed in 1915. The building has also been...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer