• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Central Alabama

Goodwater Casket Factory | Photo © 2022, www.abandonedalabama.com

Goodwater Casket Factory

Jones Stephen Gilliland Sr. Jones Stephens Gilliland was born on October 23, 1877, the son of Charles Henry and Sarah Elizabeth Stephens Gilliland. He attended the public schools of Goodwater and...

brame house 1980

Brame House

Property dates back to 1862 The Brame House, also known as the Brame-Cody-Neal House, was a historic Classical Revival-style house in Montgomery located at 402 South Hull Street. Its...

Tan-Kar Blue and Gray Filling Station | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tan-Kar Oil Company

The Tan-Kar Oil Company was founded in 1928 by Moses Wadsworth Stuart Sr. along with his business partner Isaac Fred Solomon who was bought out in the late-1930s. M. W. Stuart was a businessman who...

Wetumpka Calaboose | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wetumpka Calaboose

History of Wetumpka The Old Calaboose is located on Orline Street in Wetumpka, along the Coosa River, in a parking area behind the buildings along Bridge Street. It’s estimated to have been...

Red Devil Lake | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Red Devil Lake

Driving along Highway 31 near Prattville, it’s hard not to notice a set of brick, abandoned storefronts with an odd, beehived-shaped concrete structure on the property. It’s also hard not...

Wadley Railroad Depot | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wadley Railroad Depot

Wadley’s Founding People began settling in the area now known as Wadley as far back as the 1830s after the creation of Randolph County on December 18, 1832, from lands acquired from the Creek...

cowles

Thomas M. Cowles Mansion

Thomas M. Cowles Major Thomas Merriweather Cowles was born in 1794 in Richmond County, Georgia, the son of William Marston and Anna Merriwether Cowles. He was also a descendant of Richard Cowles, an...

Rainer-Lewis House | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabama.com

Rainer-Lewis House

Capt. Joel Herron Rainer, patriarch of the Rainer family Joel Herron Rainer was born on January 17, 1829, and came to Alabama from Sampson County, North Carolina. He represented Pike County in the...

John Drakeford House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

John H. Drakeford House

John H. Drakeford The John H. Drakeford House was built in 1890 by John Hamilton Drakeford, the son of Thomas Carlos Drakeford who was an early pioneer and Tuskegee merchant known at the time of his...

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedfl.com

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church, 1985. Robert Gambles Adams Grove Presbyterian Church is a historic Greek Revival-style church building in rural Dallas County, Alabama...

Tallassee Mills | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tallassee Mills

Founding of Tallassee Prior to the founding of Tallassee, the Muskogee-Creek Indians had settled in the town of Talisi, located at the mouth of Euphaubee Creek, where it meets the Tallapoosa River...

Pepperell Mill | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pepperell Mill

Located in Opelika, the Pepperell Mill was a historic textile mill owned and operated by the Pepperell Manufacturing Company. The Pepperell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1844 by textile...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer