• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Central Alabama

Tallassee Mills | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tallassee Mills

Founding of Tallassee Prior to the founding of Tallassee, the Muskogee-Creek Indians had settled in the town of Talisi, located at the mouth of Euphaubee Creek, where it meets the Tallapoosa River...

Pepperell Mill | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pepperell Mill

Located in Opelika, the Pepperell Mill was a historic textile mill owned and operated by the Pepperell Manufacturing Company. The Pepperell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1844 by textile...

Opelika Cotton Mill | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Opelika Cotton Mill

Aerial view of the Opelika Cotton Mill, 1955 The community of Lebanon was established in the late-1830s. After the passing of the Indian Removal Act in 1830, the native Muscogee Creek peoples were...

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory

Portrait of Daniel Pratt The Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory located in Prattville, Alabama is a cotton gin factory built by Daniel Pratt in the 1830s. Daniel Pratt was an American industrialist...

Sayre Street School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sayre Street School

Franklin Academy The Sayre Street School is the oldest surviving public school building in Montgomery. Its history dates back to 1860 when a private boys’ school, the Franklin Academy, was...

W. B. Paterson Elementary School | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

W. B. Paterson Elementary School

William Burns Paterson William Burns Paterson is known for being an educational provider and one of the founders of Alabama State University. Born on February 9, 1850, in Scotland, he made his way to...

Ward's Funeral Home | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ward’s Funeral Home

According to the few records that do exist, Ward’s Funeral Home was built in 1870, located on Avenue A in Opelika, and eventually became home to African American physician Dr. Eugene Anthony...

Shack of Prattville | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Shack of Prattville

The Shack of Prattville, not to be confused with The Shack in Montgomery, was a small bar located on the outskirts of Prattville in Autauga County. For some time, it also ran under the name...

Shady Grove Methodist Church | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Shady Grove Methodist Church

Shady Grove Methodist Church is a small dilapidated church located in rural Chilton County. The church’s cemetery contains approximately 100 graves dating as far back as the 1870s to as early...

Co-Nita Manor | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Co-Nita Manor

Co-Nita Manor, 1999. Alabama Historical Commission Co-Nita Manor, also known as the Coleman-Brunson House, was built circa 1909 in the Neo-Classical Revival style by Dr. Solon Lycurgus Coleman. His...

Blessed Sacrament Convent | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Blessed Sacrament Convent

Centennial Hill St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and convent for the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament are located in Montgomery in the historic Centennial Hill neighborhood. The church was one of...

Cowan-Ramser House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Cowan-Ramser House

Dr. William Lockhart Cowan What would later be known as Colonel White & Sons Funeral Home, the Cowan-Ramser House was constructed in the 1840s by local physician Dr. William Lockhart Cowan...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer