• Menu
  • Menu

Locations

Thomaston Jail | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Thomaston Calaboose

History of Thomaston Thomaston was first settled in the late nineteenth century, and the first post office was opened in 1892. The settlement had no official name until 1901 when the Selma to...

Mount Vernon Methodist Church | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Mount Vernon Methodist Church

Mount Vernon Methodist Church Mount Vernon Methodist Church was organized in 1884 in a small frame structure located at 23rd Avenue and 22nd Street in Birmingham, Alabama. The church was served by...

Montgomery Mall | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Montgomery Mall

Admin’s Note: This guest post was originally posted on Architectural Afterlife titled “MONTGOMERY MALL – VACANT FOR OVER A DECADE.” Montgomery Mall The Montgomery Mall in...

Thomaston Colored Institute | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Thomaston Colored Institute

Thomaston Colored Institute The Thomaston Colored Institute, also known as the Thomaston Academy, is a historic African American school building in the town of Thomaston, Alabama. The land the school...

Old Marengo County Courthouse | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Old Marengo County Courthouse

The Town of Linden Settled prior to 1818, the community was first known as “Screamersville”, since one could hear the cry of wild animals throughout the night. Marengo County was created...

service pnp habshaer al al0100 al0151 photos 002034pv

Centenary Institute

Centenary Institute. Summerfield, Ala. Deep in the heart of Alabama, an hour and a half south of Birmingham lies the unincorporated community of Summerfield. Formerly known as Valley Creek, this...

Sadler House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sadler House

Charles Woodrolph Hare The Sadler House was built in 1895 and occupied by Charles Woodrolph Hare who was an established attorney and political figure in Macon County. Hare was the editor for the...

Uniontown High School | Photo © 2021 www.abandonedalabama.com

Uniontown High School

Uniontown High School Uniontown High School was organized in 1892 with Alvin Milton Spessard serving as its president and principal. The school’s board of trustees included Gaston Drake...

Forest Avenue Methodist Church | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Forest Avenue Methodist Church

Forest Avenue Methodist Church In 1896, the Dexter Avenue Methodist Church began a mission in the Highland Park area of Montgomery. The mission met in an old abandoned building along the Central of...

morning view postcard

Morning View

Gen. Mitchell B. Houghton Mitchell Bennett Houghton was born on September 14, 1844, the son of William Henry and Elizabeth Ann Bennett Houghton. In July 1861, he enlisted in Newton, Alabama in the...

Colored Masonic Temple | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Colored Masonic Temple

Colored Masonry in Alabama Colored Masonry in Alabama came into existence approximately 1867, two years after the end of the American Civil War. By 1869, there were between eight and ten properly and...

Saunders Hall | Photo © 2022 www.abandonedalabama.com

Saunders Hall

Rev. Turner Saunders On January 3, 1782, Turner Saunders was born in Brunswick County, Virginia, the son of Revolutionary War veteran Thomas Saunders Sr. and Anne Turner. He was well educated in...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer