• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Birmingham

Joel F. Callins Dental Office | Photo © 2022, www.abandonedalabama.com

Joel Callins Dental Office

Dr. Joel F. Callins Dr. Joel Franklin Callins was born on June 12, 1941, to Aldrich and Odell Callins at Lloyd Noland Hospital, in Fairfield, Alabama. He received his education through the City of...

Republic Steel | Photo © 2023, www.abandonedalabama.com

Republic Steel

Thomas Furnaces Known for its operating years under the Republic Steel & Iron Company, The Thomas Furnaces, a network of iron furnaces situated in close proximity to Birmingham, were established...

Holy Family Hospital | Photo © 2023, www.abandonedalabama.com

Holy Family Hospital

Sisters of Charity of Nazareth in Ensley The story of the Holy Family Hospital begins In 1938, when the Passionists, a Roman Catholic religious order, established a mission in Ensley, a predominantly...

Roebuck Castle | Photo © 2023, www.abandonedalabama.com

Roebuck Castle

Roebuck Castle Known as the Roebuck Castle, this unique home was constructed in the 1970s on a large corner lot in the South Roebuck neighborhood of Birmingham, Alabama. The five-bedroom, three-bath...

Brown-Marx Building | Photo © 2023, www.abandonedalabama.com

Brown Marx Building

National Bank of Birmingham The Brown Marx Building sits on the site of the original National Bank of Birmingham, the first bank in the state to be chartered under the National Bank Act in 1872. The...

Graves Brick Company | Photo © 2018. www.abandonedfl.com

Graves Brick Company

William Henry Graves The Graves Brick Company was organized by William Henry Graves in the early twentieth century. William Henry Graves was born on September 7, 1833, in Knoxville...

Bradley-Smith House | Photo © 2023, www.abandonedalabama.com

Bradley-Smith House

Bradley-Smith House The Bradley-Smith House is a Greek Revival-style mansion constructed in 1907 for attorney Lee Bradley, located in a Jemison Company subdivision between George Ward Park and Glen...

Ernest F. Bush Middle School | Photo © 2020, www.abandonedalabama.com

Bush School

Ensley School The Ernest F. Bush Middle School originally opened as Ensley School, built in 1901 by the City of Ensley and designed by architect William Ernest Spink. With a capacity for 600...

Mount Vernon Methodist Church | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Mount Vernon Methodist Church

Mount Vernon Methodist Church Mount Vernon Methodist Church was organized in 1884 in a small frame structure located at 23rd Avenue and 22nd Street in Birmingham, Alabama. The church was served by...

Colored Masonic Temple | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Colored Masonic Temple

Colored Masonry in Alabama Colored Masonry in Alabama came into existence approximately 1867, two years after the end of the American Civil War. By 1869, there were between eight and ten properly and...

32nd Street baptist Church

32nd Street Baptist Church

Dr. Ellis M. Morton The 32nd Street Baptist Church was a Baptist church located at 518 32nd Street South In Birmingham, Alabama from 1910 to 1995. The church served a predominantly...

DSC 0585 2

Fountain Heights Methodist Church

Reverend Francis Woodward Brandon The Fountain Heights Methodist Church was located in Birmingham, Alabama, and organized by Reverend Frank W. Brandon. Francis “Frank” Woodward Brandon...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer