• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Industrial

Goodwater Casket Factory | Photo © 2022, www.abandonedalabama.com

Goodwater Casket Factory

Jones Stephen Gilliland Sr. Jones Stephens Gilliland was born on October 23, 1877, the son of Charles Henry and Sarah Elizabeth Stephens Gilliland. He attended the public schools of Goodwater and...

Wadley Railroad Depot | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wadley Railroad Depot

Wadley’s Founding People began settling in the area now known as Wadley as far back as the 1830s after the creation of Randolph County on December 18, 1832, from lands acquired from the Creek...

Tallassee Mills | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tallassee Mills

Founding of Tallassee Prior to the founding of Tallassee, the Muskogee-Creek Indians had settled in the town of Talisi, located at the mouth of Euphaubee Creek, where it meets the Tallapoosa River...

Pepperell Mill | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pepperell Mill

Located in Opelika, the Pepperell Mill was a historic textile mill owned and operated by the Pepperell Manufacturing Company. The Pepperell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1844 by textile...

Opelika Cotton Mill | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Opelika Cotton Mill

Aerial view of the Opelika Cotton Mill, 1955 The community of Lebanon was established in the late-1830s. After the passing of the Indian Removal Act in 1830, the native Muscogee Creek peoples were...

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory

Portrait of Daniel Pratt The Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory located in Prattville, Alabama is a cotton gin factory built by Daniel Pratt in the 1830s. Daniel Pratt was an American industrialist...

The Vintage Station | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Vintage Station

Southern Railway Depot was built in 1916 and is located a block away from the Bessemer Freight Depot. Bessemer Hall of History Located in Bessemer, the Vintage Station was built in 1917 originally as...

Finley Roundhouse | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Finley Roundhouse

Interior of the roundhouse at Finley Yard, c. 1915. The Railway and Engineering Review The Finley Roundhouse was built in 1915 by the Southern Railway Company at its Finley Memorial Yard located in...

Ruffner No. 2 Mine | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ruffner No. 2 Mine

View of the gyratory crusher at Ruffner Red Ore Mine, c.1993. Historic American Landscapes Survey Ruffner No. 2 mine was an ore mine operating from about 1886 to 1953 on the southeastern slopes of...

Koppers Industries | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Koppers Industries Wood Treatment Facility

Koppers Industries was a wood treating facility, primarily railroad ties, located near the downtown area of Montgomery. The facility was first constructed in 1925 under a joint venture by the Ayer...

Sloss Furnaces | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sloss Furnaces

Sloss Furnaces during its operation. Courtesy of Alabama Public Television. Colonel James Withers Sloss was one of the founders of Birmingham, helping to promote railroad development in Jones Valley...

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Industrial

This is some text

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer