• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Commercial

Tan-Kar Blue and Gray Filling Station | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tan-Kar Oil Company

The Tan-Kar Oil Company was founded in 1928 by Moses Wadsworth Stuart Sr. along with his business partner Isaac Fred Solomon who was bought out in the late-1930s. M. W. Stuart was a businessman who...

Red Devil Lake | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Red Devil Lake

Driving along Highway 31 near Prattville, it’s hard not to notice a set of brick, abandoned storefronts with an odd, beehived-shaped concrete structure on the property. It’s also hard not...

The Vintage Station | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Vintage Station

Southern Railway Depot was built in 1916 and is located a block away from the Bessemer Freight Depot. Bessemer Hall of History Located in Bessemer, the Vintage Station was built in 1917 originally as...

Shack of Prattville | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Shack of Prattville

The Shack of Prattville, not to be confused with The Shack in Montgomery, was a small bar located on the outskirts of Prattville in Autauga County. For some time, it also ran under the name...

Alabama Gas Corporation Building

Alabama Gas Corporation Building

Inside the adjoining former Bank for Savings & Trusts building The Alabama Gas Corporation (Alagasco) Building is a five-story commercial building constructed in 1915. The building has also been...

Cowan-Ramser House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Cowan-Ramser House

Dr. William Lockhart Cowan What would later be known as Colonel White & Sons Funeral Home, the Cowan-Ramser House was constructed in the 1840s by local physician Dr. William Lockhart Cowan...

Capitol Motor Company | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Capitol Motor Company

McGough Motor Company The origin of the Capitol Motor Company dates back to 1919 when Thomas Dawson McGough Jr. opened the city’s first automotive dealership, the McGough Motor Truck Company...

Empire-Rouse Laundry | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Empire-Rouse Laundry

L. D. Rouse L. D. Rouse came to Montgomery in the early-1900s and in June 1907, he established the Steam Laundry business in an old building on North Perry Street with what he described as...

Hilltop Arms Apartments | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Hilltop Arms Apartments

The HIlltop Arms Apartments in 2006. Julie Bennett, Montgomery Advertiser Located just on the outskirts of the Cottage Hill District are the remains of the Hilltop Arms Apartments building. Built in...

Penny Profit | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Penny Profit Meat Market

Julia and Rubin Hanan in front of the Penny Profit holding a photograph of the original building. The Penny Profit and Discount Meat Market was a small corner market owned by Rubin and Julia Hanan...

Governor's House Hotel | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Governor’s House Hotel

Governor’s House Hotel postcard, c. 1970s Located in Montgomery, The Governor’s House Hotel was built in 1965 as a luxury hotel by Clement Tranum Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was a real...

Capital City Cleaners | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Capital City Laundry

Charles Milton Smith Capital City Laundry was established in 1887 as the Capital City Steam Laundry with their facility located at 116 Dexter Avenue in Montgomery. Although it was originally owned by...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer