• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1900's Built

Thomaston Jail | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Thomaston Calaboose

History of Thomaston Thomaston was first settled in the late nineteenth century, and the first post office was opened in 1892. The settlement had no official name until 1901 when the Selma to...

morning view postcard

Morning View

Gen. Mitchell B. Houghton Mitchell Bennett Houghton was born on September 14, 1844, the son of William Henry and Elizabeth Ann Bennett Houghton. In July 1861, he enlisted in Newton, Alabama in the...

DSC 0585 2

Fountain Heights Methodist Church

Reverend Francis Woodward Brandon The Fountain Heights Methodist Church was located in Birmingham, Alabama, and organized by Reverend Frank W. Brandon. Francis “Frank” Woodward Brandon...

Wadley Railroad Depot | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wadley Railroad Depot

Wadley’s Founding People began settling in the area now known as Wadley as far back as the 1830s after the creation of Randolph County on December 18, 1832, from lands acquired from the Creek...

Rainer-Lewis House | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabama.com

Rainer-Lewis House

Capt. Joel Herron Rainer, patriarch of the Rainer family Joel Herron Rainer was born on January 17, 1829, and came to Alabama from Sampson County, North Carolina. He represented Pike County in the...

Opelika Cotton Mill | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Opelika Cotton Mill

Aerial view of the Opelika Cotton Mill, 1955 The community of Lebanon was established in the late-1830s. After the passing of the Indian Removal Act in 1830, the native Muscogee Creek peoples were...

The Vintage Station | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Vintage Station

Southern Railway Depot was built in 1916 and is located a block away from the Bessemer Freight Depot. Bessemer Hall of History Located in Bessemer, the Vintage Station was built in 1917 originally as...

Co-Nita Manor | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Co-Nita Manor

Co-Nita Manor, 1999. Alabama Historical Commission Co-Nita Manor, also known as the Coleman-Brunson House, was built circa 1909 in the Neo-Classical Revival style by Dr. Solon Lycurgus Coleman. His...

Miracle Deliverance Temple | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Miracle Deliverance Temple

History of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South The former Miracle Deliverance Temple in Pratt City was built in 1902 for the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, a denomination that split off from...

Ensley High School | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ensley High School

Ensley High School Ensley High School was founded in 1901 to serve the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham, which was centered around major plants operated by U.S. Steel and the American Cast Iron Pipe...

Marengo County High School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Marengo County High School

Marengo County High School The town of Thomaston was founded by Dr. Charles Brooks Thomas and was incorporated on November 15, 1901. In 1907, the Alabama State Legislature voted to set aside state...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer