• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1800's Built

Saunders Hall | Photo © 2022 www.abandonedalabama.com

Saunders Hall

Rev. Turner Saunders On January 3, 1782, Turner Saunders was born in Brunswick County, Virginia, the son of Revolutionary War veteran Thomas Saunders Sr. and Anne Turner. He was well educated in...

rocky hill castle

Rocky Hill Castle

Saunders Ancestry Dr. Edward Saunders was known as a “chirurgeon”, an archaic term for a surgeon. He was already seated in Northumberland County, Virginia, in 1658. In 1669, as one of the...

brame house 1980

Brame House

Property dates back to 1862 The Brame House, also known as the Brame-Cody-Neal House, was a historic Classical Revival-style house in Montgomery located at 402 South Hull Street. Its...

Wetumpka Calaboose | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wetumpka Calaboose

History of Wetumpka The Old Calaboose is located on Orline Street in Wetumpka, along the Coosa River, in a parking area behind the buildings along Bridge Street. It’s estimated to have been...

Mount Ida Plantation | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Mount Ida Plantation

Major Walker E. Reynolds Mount Ida, also known as the Walker Reynolds House, was an antebellum mansion built by wealthy planter and promoter of Talladega and Talladega County, Major Walker E...

cowles

Thomas M. Cowles Mansion

Thomas M. Cowles Major Thomas Merriweather Cowles was born in 1794 in Richmond County, Georgia, the son of William Marston and Anna Merriwether Cowles. He was also a descendant of Richard Cowles, an...

John Drakeford House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

John H. Drakeford House

John H. Drakeford The John H. Drakeford House was built in 1890 by John Hamilton Drakeford, the son of Thomas Carlos Drakeford who was an early pioneer and Tuskegee merchant known at the time of his...

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedfl.com

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church

Adams Grove Presbyterian Church, 1985. Robert Gambles Adams Grove Presbyterian Church is a historic Greek Revival-style church building in rural Dallas County, Alabama...

Tallassee Mills | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tallassee Mills

Founding of Tallassee Prior to the founding of Tallassee, the Muskogee-Creek Indians had settled in the town of Talisi, located at the mouth of Euphaubee Creek, where it meets the Tallapoosa River...

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory

Portrait of Daniel Pratt The Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory located in Prattville, Alabama is a cotton gin factory built by Daniel Pratt in the 1830s. Daniel Pratt was an American industrialist...

Sayre Street School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sayre Street School

Franklin Academy The Sayre Street School is the oldest surviving public school building in Montgomery. Its history dates back to 1860 when a private boys’ school, the Franklin Academy, was...

Ward's Funeral Home | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ward’s Funeral Home

According to the few records that do exist, Ward’s Funeral Home was built in 1870, located on Avenue A in Opelika, and eventually became home to African American physician Dr. Eugene Anthony...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer