• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1980s Abandoned

Thomaston Colored Institute | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Thomaston Colored Institute

Thomaston Colored Institute The Thomaston Colored Institute, also known as the Thomaston Academy, is a historic African American school building in the town of Thomaston, Alabama. The land the school...

Forest Avenue Methodist Church | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Forest Avenue Methodist Church

Forest Avenue Methodist Church In 1896, the Dexter Avenue Methodist Church began a mission in the Highland Park area of Montgomery. The mission met in an old abandoned building along the Central of...

brame house 1980

Brame House

Property dates back to 1862 The Brame House, also known as the Brame-Cody-Neal House, was a historic Classical Revival-style house in Montgomery located at 402 South Hull Street. Its...

Ward's Funeral Home | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ward’s Funeral Home

According to the few records that do exist, Ward’s Funeral Home was built in 1870, located on Avenue A in Opelika, and eventually became home to African American physician Dr. Eugene Anthony...

Moulthrop House | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Moulthrop House

The Shorter family Located high atop a bluff overlooking Lake Eufaula lays the ruins of the Moulthrop house and the Shorter family cemetery. The bluff was home to the early settlers of Eufaula in the...

Koppers Industries | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Koppers Industries Wood Treatment Facility

Koppers Industries was a wood treating facility, primarily railroad ties, located near the downtown area of Montgomery. The facility was first constructed in 1925 under a joint venture by the Ayer...

Clanton Drive-In Theatre | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Clanton Drive-In Theatre

The Clanton Drive-In Theatre opened on October 15, 1949, with “Pride of the Yankees” starring Gary Cooper. It was owned and operated by Joseph Abel and Myrtle Hardy Jackson. The area was...

Pizitz Department Store | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pizitz Department Store

Pizitz Department Store Pizitz was a family-owned chain of department stores founded in 1899 in Birmingham, Alabama by Louis Pizitz as the Louis Pizitz Dry Goods Company. It became one of the best...

American Life Building | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

American Life Building

Doctor’s Building Standing at 12-stories tall, the 84,000-square-foot Doctor’s Building was built in April 1925 and operated under various names throughout its operation such as the...

Thomas Jefferson Hotel | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Thomas Jefferson Hotel

Thomas Jefferson Hotel Luggage label for the Thomas Jefferson Hotel The Thomas Jefferson Hotel is a 19-story building, formerly a 300-room hotel, completed in 1929 at 1631 2nd Avenue North on the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer