• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Historic District

Colored Masonic Temple | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Colored Masonic Temple

Colored Masonry in Alabama Colored Masonry in Alabama came into existence approximately 1867, two years after the end of the American Civil War. By 1869, there were between eight and ten properly and...

Wetumpka Calaboose | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Wetumpka Calaboose

History of Wetumpka The Old Calaboose is located on Orline Street in Wetumpka, along the Coosa River, in a parking area behind the buildings along Bridge Street. It’s estimated to have been...

John Drakeford House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

John H. Drakeford House

John H. Drakeford The John H. Drakeford House was built in 1890 by John Hamilton Drakeford, the son of Thomas Carlos Drakeford who was an early pioneer and Tuskegee merchant known at the time of his...

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory

Portrait of Daniel Pratt The Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory located in Prattville, Alabama is a cotton gin factory built by Daniel Pratt in the 1830s. Daniel Pratt was an American industrialist...

Co-Nita Manor | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Co-Nita Manor

Co-Nita Manor, 1999. Alabama Historical Commission Co-Nita Manor, also known as the Coleman-Brunson House, was built circa 1909 in the Neo-Classical Revival style by Dr. Solon Lycurgus Coleman. His...

Cowan-Ramser House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Cowan-Ramser House

Dr. William Lockhart Cowan What would later be known as Colonel White & Sons Funeral Home, the Cowan-Ramser House was constructed in the 1840s by local physician Dr. William Lockhart Cowan...

Allan Lucy Murder House | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Allan Lucy Murder House

Allan Lucy was murdered in 1985 by his adoptive father and buried under the family home in Uniontown and wouldn't be discovered until 1994.

Moulthrop House | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Moulthrop House

The Shorter family Located high atop a bluff overlooking Lake Eufaula lays the ruins of the Moulthrop house and the Shorter family cemetery. The bluff was home to the early settlers of Eufaula in the...

Benjamin W. Walker House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Benjamin W. Walker House

Cottage Hill District The Benjamin W. Walker House at 301 North Goldthwaite Street is the best example of Queen Anne-style architecture in the Cottage Hill District. The district was planned out in...

Marengo County High School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Marengo County High School

The Marengo County High School, 1995. Joan Embree The town of Thomaston was founded by Dr. Charles B. Thomas and was incorporated on November 15, 1901. In 1907, the Alabama State Legislature voted to...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer