• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Demolished

rocky hill castle

Rocky Hill Castle

Saunders Ancestry Dr. Edward Saunders was known as a “chirurgeon”, an archaic term for a surgeon. He was already seated in Northumberland County, Virginia, in 1658. In 1669, as one of the...

32nd Street baptist Church

32nd Street Baptist Church

Dr. Ellis M. Morton The 32nd Street Baptist Church was a Baptist church located at 518 32nd Street South In Birmingham, Alabama from 1910 to 1995. The church served a predominantly...

brame house 1980

Brame House

Property dates back to 1862 The Brame House, also known as the Brame-Cody-Neal House, was a historic Classical Revival-style house in Montgomery located at 402 South Hull Street. Its...

DSC 0585 2

Fountain Heights Methodist Church

Reverend Francis Woodward Brandon The Fountain Heights Methodist Church was located in Birmingham, Alabama, and organized by Reverend Frank W. Brandon. Francis “Frank” Woodward Brandon...

Quinlan Castle | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabamacom

Quinlan Castle

Quinlan Construction Company The Quinlan Construction Company was incorporated in April 1926 with Dr. Henry Pierce Hanna, a well-known Birmingham physician who practiced there for 60 years; John...

Opelika Cotton Mill | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Opelika Cotton Mill

Aerial view of the Opelika Cotton Mill, 1955 The community of Lebanon was established in the late-1830s. After the passing of the Indian Removal Act in 1830, the native Muscogee Creek peoples were...

Banks High School | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Banks High School

Aerial view of Banks High School, 1960s Plans for what was to become Banks High School were approved in 1955, although to the disapproval of some members of the community. The Old College...

Ward's Funeral Home | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ward’s Funeral Home

According to the few records that do exist, Ward’s Funeral Home was built in 1870, located on Avenue A in Opelika, and eventually became home to African American physician Dr. Eugene Anthony...

Ensley High School | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ensley High School

Ensley High School Ensley High School was founded in 1901 to serve the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham, which was centered around major plants operated by U.S. Steel and the American Cast Iron Pipe...

Old Chilton County High School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Old Chilton County High School

Chilton County High School, c. 1940s On December 22, 1913, the Commissioners Court of Chilton County, under Probate Judge Louis Henry Reynolds, appropriated $4,000 for the construction of a new high...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer