• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 2000s Abandoned

Red Devil Lake | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Red Devil Lake

Driving along Highway 31 near Prattville, it’s hard not to notice a set of brick, abandoned storefronts with an odd, beehived-shaped concrete structure on the property. It’s also hard not...

Tallassee Mills | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tallassee Mills

Founding of Tallassee Prior to the founding of Tallassee, the Muskogee-Creek Indians had settled in the town of Talisi, located at the mouth of Euphaubee Creek, where it meets the Tallapoosa River...

Pepperell Mill | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pepperell Mill

Located in Opelika, the Pepperell Mill was a historic textile mill owned and operated by the Pepperell Manufacturing Company. The Pepperell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1844 by textile...

Opelika Cotton Mill | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Opelika Cotton Mill

Aerial view of the Opelika Cotton Mill, 1955 The community of Lebanon was established in the late-1830s. After the passing of the Indian Removal Act in 1830, the native Muscogee Creek peoples were...

Banks High School | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Banks High School

Aerial view of Banks High School, 1960s Plans for what was to become Banks High School were approved in 1955, although to the disapproval of some members of the community. The Old College...

W. B. Paterson Elementary School | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

W. B. Paterson Elementary School

William Burns Paterson William Burns Paterson is known for being an educational provider and one of the founders of Alabama State University. Born on February 9, 1850, in Scotland, he made his way to...

Finley Roundhouse | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Finley Roundhouse

Interior of the roundhouse at Finley Yard, c. 1915. The Railway and Engineering Review The Finley Roundhouse was built in 1915 by the Southern Railway Company at its Finley Memorial Yard located in...

Cowan-Ramser House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Cowan-Ramser House

Dr. William Lockhart Cowan What would later be known as Colonel White & Sons Funeral Home, the Cowan-Ramser House was constructed in the 1840s by local physician Dr. William Lockhart Cowan...

Carraway Hospital | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Carraway Hospital

Dr. Charles Newton Carraway, 1920 Founded by Dr. Charles Newton Carraway, Carraway Hospital, originally known as Norwood Hospital, and Physicians Medical Center Carraway at the time of its closure...

Capitol Motor Company | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Capitol Motor Company

McGough Motor Company The origin of the Capitol Motor Company dates back to 1919 when Thomas Dawson McGough Jr. opened the city’s first automotive dealership, the McGough Motor Truck Company...

Miracle Deliverance Temple | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Miracle Deliverance Temple

History of the Methodist Episcopal Church, South The former Miracle Deliverance Temple in Pratt City was built in 1902 for the Methodist Episcopal Church, South, a denomination that split off from...

Ensley High School | Photo © 2017 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ensley High School

Ensley High School Ensley High School was founded in 1901 to serve the Ensley neighborhood of Birmingham, which was centered around major plants operated by U.S. Steel and the American Cast Iron Pipe...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer