• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - Residential

Saunders Hall | Photo © 2022 www.abandonedalabama.com

Saunders Hall

Rev. Turner Saunders On January 3, 1782, Turner Saunders was born in Brunswick County, Virginia, the son of Revolutionary War veteran Thomas Saunders Sr. and Anne Turner. He was well educated in...

rocky hill castle

Rocky Hill Castle

Saunders Ancestry Dr. Edward Saunders was known as a “chirurgeon”, an archaic term for a surgeon. He was already seated in Northumberland County, Virginia, in 1658. In 1669, as one of the...

Norris Underwood House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Norris Underwood Residence

Norris Underwood Norris Eugene Underwood was born on May 13, 1926. According to his obituary, he served in World War II in the United States Navy alongside his twin brother Horace George Underwood...

brame house 1980

Brame House

Property dates back to 1862 The Brame House, also known as the Brame-Cody-Neal House, was a historic Classical Revival-style house in Montgomery located at 402 South Hull Street. Its...

Mount Ida Plantation | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Mount Ida Plantation

Major Walker E. Reynolds Mount Ida, also known as the Walker Reynolds House, was an antebellum mansion built by wealthy planter and promoter of Talladega and Talladega County, Major Walker E...

cowles

Thomas M. Cowles Mansion

Thomas M. Cowles Major Thomas Merriwether Cowles was born in 1794 in Richmond County, Georgia, the son of William Marston and Anna Merriwether Cowles. He was also a descendant of Richard Cowles, an...

Rainer-Lewis House | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabama.com

Rainer-Lewis House

Capt. Joel Herron Rainer, patriarch of the Rainer family Joel Herron Rainer was born on January 17, 1829, and came to Alabama from Sampson County, North Carolina. He represented Pike County in the...

Quinlan Castle | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabamacom

Quinlan Castle

Quinlan Construction Company The Quinlan Construction Company was incorporated in April 1926 with Dr. Henry Pierce Hanna, a well-known Birmingham physician who practiced there for 60 years; John...

John Drakeford House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

John H. Drakeford House

John H. Drakeford The John H. Drakeford House was built in 1890 by John Hamilton Drakeford, the son of Thomas Carlos Drakeford who was an early pioneer and Tuskegee merchant known at the time of his...

Ward's Funeral Home | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ward’s Funeral Home

According to the few records that do exist, Ward’s Funeral Home was built in 1870, located on Avenue A in Opelika, and eventually became home to African American physician Dr. Eugene Anthony...

Co-Nita Manor | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Co-Nita Manor

Solon Lycurgus Coleman Sr. Co-Nita Manor, also known as the Coleman-Brunson House, was built circa 1909 in the Neo-Classical Revival style by Dr. Solon Lycurgus Coleman. His father, Solon Lycurgus...

Cowan-Ramser House | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Cowan-Ramser House

Cowan-Ramser House Dr. William Lockhart Cowan What would later be known as Colonel White & Sons Funeral Home, the Cowan-Ramser House was constructed in the 1840s by local physician Dr. William...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer