• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1950's Built

Banks High School | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Banks High School

Aerial view of Banks High School, 1960s Plans for what was to become Banks High School were approved in 1955, although to the disapproval of some members of the community. The Old College...

W. B. Paterson Elementary School | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

W. B. Paterson Elementary School

William Burns Paterson William Burns Paterson is known for being an educational provider and one of the founders of Alabama State University. Born on February 9, 1850, in Scotland, he made his way to...

Capitol Motor Company | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Capitol Motor Company

McGough Motor Company The origin of the Capitol Motor Company dates back to 1919 when Thomas Dawson McGough Jr. opened the city’s first automotive dealership, the McGough Motor Truck Company...

Clanton Drive-In Theatre | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Clanton Drive-In Theatre

The Clanton Drive-In Theatre opened on October 15, 1949, with “Pride of the Yankees” starring Gary Cooper. It was owned and operated by Joseph Abel and Myrtle Hardy Jackson. The area was...

Hilltop Arms Apartments | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Hilltop Arms Apartments

The HIlltop Arms Apartments in 2006. Julie Bennett, Montgomery Advertiser Located just on the outskirts of the Cottage Hill District are the remains of the Hilltop Arms Apartments building. Built in...

Penny Profit | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Penny Profit Meat Market

Julia and Rubin Hanan in front of the Penny Profit holding a photograph of the original building. The Penny Profit and Discount Meat Market was a small corner market owned by Rubin and Julia Hanan...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer