• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1920's Built

32nd Street baptist Church

32nd Street Baptist Church

Dr. Ellis M. Morton The 32nd Street Baptist Church was a Baptist church located at 518 32nd Street South In Birmingham, Alabama from 1910 to 1995. The church served a predominantly...

Quinlan Castle | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabamacom

Quinlan Castle

Quinlan Construction Company The Quinlan Construction Company was incorporated in April 1926 with Dr. Henry Pierce Hanna, a well-known Birmingham physician who practiced there for 60 years; John...

Pepperell Mill | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pepperell Mill

Located in Opelika, the Pepperell Mill was a historic textile mill owned and operated by the Pepperell Manufacturing Company. The Pepperell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1844 by textile...

Carraway Hospital | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Carraway Hospital

Dr. Charles Newton Carraway, 1920 Founded by Dr. Charles Newton Carraway, Carraway Hospital, originally known as Norwood Hospital, and Physicians Medical Center Carraway at the time of its closure...

Chilton County Training School | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Chilton County Training School

Undated photograph of the Chilton County Training School. Alabama Register of Landmarks and History. Built in 1924, the Chilton County Training School for African Americans was completed due to the...

Koppers Industries | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Koppers Industries Wood Treatment Facility

Koppers Industries was a wood treating facility, primarily railroad ties, located near the downtown area of Montgomery. The facility was first constructed in 1925 under a joint venture by the Ayer...

Sloss Furnaces | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sloss Furnaces

Sloss Furnaces during its operation. Courtesy of Alabama Public Television. Colonel James Withers Sloss was one of the founders of Birmingham, helping to promote railroad development in Jones Valley...

Pizitz Department Store | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Pizitz Department Store

Pizitz Department Store Pizitz was a family-owned chain of department stores founded in 1899 in Birmingham, Alabama by Louis Pizitz as the Louis Pizitz Dry Goods Company. It became one of the best...

Birmingham Trust National Bank | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Birmingham Trust National Bank

View of the Birmingham Trust building (1902) from the Shoppers’ Guide of Greater Birmingham (1909) Birmingham Trust National Bank was a large bank that operated in Birmingham from 1887 to 1982...

American Life Building | Photo © 2015 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

American Life Building

Newspaper advert for the American Life Company Standing at 12-stories tall, the 84,000 square-foot Doctor’s Building or Martin Office Building was built in April 1925. Shortly after its...

Thomas Jefferson Hotel | Photo © 2012 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Thomas Jefferson Hotel

Thomas Jefferson Hotel Luggage label for the Thomas Jefferson Hotel The Thomas Jefferson Hotel is a 19-story building, formerly a 300-room hotel, completed in 1929 at 1631 2nd Avenue North on the...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer