• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 2010s Abandoned

Colored Masonic Temple | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Colored Masonic Temple

Colored Masonry in Alabama Colored Masonry in Alabama came into existence approximately 1867, two years after the end of the American Civil War. By 1869, there were between eight and ten properly and...

Norris Underwood House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Norris Underwood Residence

Norris Underwood Norris Eugene Underwood was born on May 13, 1926. According to his obituary, he served in World War II in the United States Navy alongside his twin brother Horace George Underwood...

DSC 0585 2

Fountain Heights Methodist Church

Reverend Francis Woodward Brandon The Fountain Heights Methodist Church was located in Birmingham, Alabama, and organized by Reverend Frank W. Brandon. Francis “Frank” Woodward Brandon...

Tan-Kar Blue and Gray Filling Station | Photo © 2022 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Tan-Kar Oil Company

The Tan-Kar Oil Company was founded in 1928 by Moses Wadsworth Stuart Sr. along with his business partner Isaac Fred Solomon who was bought out in the late-1930s. M. W. Stuart was a businessman who...

Rainer-Lewis House | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabama.com

Rainer-Lewis House

Capt. Joel Herron Rainer, patriarch of the Rainer family Joel Herron Rainer was born on January 17, 1829, and came to Alabama from Sampson County, North Carolina. He represented Pike County in the...

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory

Portrait of Daniel Pratt The Daniel Pratt Cotton Gin Factory located in Prattville, Alabama is a cotton gin factory built by Daniel Pratt in the 1830s. Daniel Pratt was an American industrialist...

The Vintage Station | Photo © 2021 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Vintage Station

Southern Railway Depot was built in 1916 and is located a block away from the Bessemer Freight Depot. Bessemer Hall of History Located in Bessemer, the Vintage Station was built in 1917 originally as...

Sayre Street School | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Sayre Street School

Franklin Academy The Sayre Street School is the oldest surviving public school building in Montgomery. Its history dates back to 1860 when a private boys’ school, the Franklin Academy, was...

Shack of Prattville | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

The Shack of Prattville

The Shack of Prattville, not to be confused with The Shack in Montgomery, was a small bar located on the outskirts of Prattville in Autauga County. For some time, it also ran under the name...

Empire-Rouse Laundry | Photo © 2020 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Empire-Rouse Laundry

L. D. Rouse L. D. Rouse came to Montgomery in the early-1900s and in June 1907, he established the Steam Laundry business in an old building on North Perry Street with what he described as...

Benjamin W. Walker House | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Benjamin W. Walker House

Cottage Hill District The Benjamin W. Walker House at 301 North Goldthwaite Street is the best example of Queen Anne-style architecture in the Cottage Hill District. The district was planned out in...

Governor's House Hotel | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Governor’s House Hotel

C. T. Fitzpatrick Located in Montgomery, The Governor’s House Hotel was built in 1965 as a luxury hotel by Clement Tranum Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick was a real estate developer who was best known...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer