• Menu
  • Menu

Archive - 1990s Abandoned

Mount Vernon Methodist Church | Photo © 2018 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Mount Vernon Methodist Church

Mount Vernon Methodist Church Mount Vernon Methodist Church was organized in 1884 in a small frame structure located at 23rd Avenue and 22nd Street in Birmingham, Alabama. The church was served by...

32nd Street baptist Church

32nd Street Baptist Church

Dr. Ellis M. Morton The 32nd Street Baptist Church was a Baptist church located at 518 32nd Street South In Birmingham, Alabama from 1910 to 1995. The church served a predominantly...

Quinlan Castle | Photo © Bullet 2021, www.abandonedalabamacom

Quinlan Castle

Quinlan Construction Company The Quinlan Construction Company was incorporated in April 1926 with Dr. Henry Pierce Hanna, a well-known Birmingham physician who practiced there for 60 years; John...

Alabama Gas Corporation Building

Alabama Gas Corporation Building

Inside the adjoining former Bank for Savings & Trusts building The Alabama Gas Corporation (Alagasco) Building is a five-story commercial building constructed in 1915. The building has also been...

Ruffner No. 2 Mine | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Ruffner No. 2 Mine

View of the gyratory crusher at Ruffner Red Ore Mine, c.1993. Historic American Landscapes Survey Ruffner No. 2 mine was an ore mine operating from about 1886 to 1953 on the southeastern slopes of...

Blessed Sacrament Convent | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Blessed Sacrament Convent

Centennial Hill St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and convent for the Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament are located in Montgomery in the historic Centennial Hill neighborhood. The church was one of...

Winter Place | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Winter Place

Joseph S. Winter’s first house, 1851 John Gano Winter was born in 1799 in New York City and settled in Augusta, Georgia years later. He married Lucinda Bennett and in 1821, gave birth to their...

Grove Court Apartments | Photo © 2019 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

Grove Court Apartments

Pre-1947 Three houses occupied the lot prior to the Grove Court Apartments owned by some of the most prominent citizens of Montgomery. In early-1947, the site was chosen for the Grove Court...

F. D. McArthur School | Photo © 2014 Bullet, www.abandonedalabama.com

F. D. McArthur School

F. D. McArthur School, 1948. The Birmingham News The F. D McArthur School was established in 1903 as Seventeenth Avenue School in a small two-room wooden frame building on the northwest corner of...

Copyright © 2009- - Abandoned Atlas Foundation - board@AbandonedAtlas.com | Designed By Prairie Nation Creative, LLC - Disclaimer